Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Bittersweet Goodbyes

So we finally made the BIG MOVE. We are not even close to settled but we are out of OUR Morgan house. Oh I had a horrible time with the move, we have lived there for that last four years, where we felt like we were HOME. So it was an extremely emotional weekend for me trying to say goodbye. It was time for us to move on and get out of town (even though it was so hard to do) a fresh start always does some good right? We did however have quite the experience trying to move, we collected a lot of stuff...and A LOT of junk...so we had fun cleaning and purging. We decided on a whim to do a yard sale so friday night we set out all the stuff we didn't want anymore on our front lawn, my little sister KAZ made some signs and we were ready to go...HA! Word of advice...never do a yard sale on a whim especially when it looks like rain. After we got everything set up we had to take some stuff to our apartment...before we left I mentioned to Dusty that it looked like rain and that we should cover our stuff...and his reply was NOPE IT IS NOT GOING TO RAIN...to which I replied I really think it looks like rain and we really should cover this stuff...to which he said nope it is not going to rain now lets go...I bet you cant guess where this is going...well it turned out to be a

TORRENTIAL DOWNPOUR that night! Do the words I TOLD YOU SO come to mind? We didn't get back up to Morgan until 11 and I was panicking thinking everything got wet and ruined (I really didn't care about the yard sale stuff, but we had all of our stuff we were taking to storage out on the lawn too) however when we pulled up everything was covered with tarps! It was saved! One of our neighbors came over and covered everything for us while we were gone (oh that is just another reason why I did not want to leave) we were so lucky! It still continued to rain the entire night, some stuff was ruined, and everything was wet, but all of our stuff was ok and we made a few bucks so I guess it turned out alright!

It was so hard leaving our house that last time, I didn't want to go. I sat on the front lawn for a good hour just sitting there because I did not want to go (I have a really hard time with change and these last couple of months have been so UP & DOWN so I think I may have been going a little crazy at the time). Before we left we had to leave our mark and carve our name on the rock wall on the barn for posterity. It was such a Bittersweet Goodbye for us, leaving Morgan means so much more to us than just moving out of a house. It means saying goodbye to a lot of hopes and dreams, but it also means we are opening ourselves up to new hopes and dreams and especially new experiences that will only better us! So I say farewell to you Morgan House, know that we will miss you so much. You have been a part of our family for that last four years (exactly four years too..we moved in July of 05) and you will always hold a special place in our heart. You have seen us at our worst and our best, you have experienced all our highs and lows, kept us somewhat warm in the winter, and provided a place where dusty and I could call Home. We will miss sitting by the river in our hammock and all the fun barbeque's we had with friends and family...however we will not miss all the spiders, snakes and box elder bugs you allowed to cohabit with us, nor the furnace that simply had a mind of its own! We wish we could have stayed and kept you a part of the family, but you were just a little to rich for our blood! So we say a Bittersweet Goodbye and will forever hold you in our hearts as OUR first house.

4 comments:

steveandjodiwinn said...

Kylee what a time you are going through. My prayers are with you. That was such a cute place you lived in. Our they selling it or what are they doing with it? You are a real trouper. Hope things work out for you where you moved to.

Amanda&Brady said...

good luck in your new adventure!!!! love you both!!

Mark and Hillari Cragun said...

You made me cry!! I don't know if it is just because I am starting a new adventure too or what!! I wish you the best of luck! Love you

Desirae Tyler and Kadence said...

I really wish that I would read the blogs more often! We would have loved to help you move! And I always love free dinner :) But I am so excited for you guys and your new start. I want to come see your new place, and let me know if you need help with anything. Love ya!