skip to main |
skip to sidebar
You make me smile
Ever since I first got addicted to Twilight (thanks Tif) I have been in love with the band BLUE OCTOBER. When the last book came out, Stephenie Meyer did a tour with the lead singer, Justin, she talked about the book and how his music inspired some of the feelings behind the characters. I fell in love with his songs, they are my absolute favorite band. I was surprised that she liked Blue October so much, because they are a little bit harder than I would expect her to like (like I really know Stephenie Meyer and can be considered a good judge of her music taste) but I really really really love Blue October.
A few weeks ago I went to their concert with my little brother (who really isn't little). Dusty was supposed to go with me (since it was my birthday present) but he had school and my brother wanted to go, which turned out to be a good thing because this IS NOT dusty's crowd! The concert was at SaltAir, I knew..well I thought I knew where it was at! We ended up taking the scenic route and drove by Kennecott and ended up in Tooele! It turned out ok though we were able to stop at McDonalds and get some dinner-yummy huh try the Santa Fe Salad it really is good-and had our first experience with talking garbage cans! Every time you throw something away it will say to you "thank you for cleaning up." It would have been funny if it didn't scare me so bad the first time! Colton got a good laugh out of that!
When we finally got to SaltAir, we had to sit in line, but we were soclose to the front! SaltAir is standing room only...which would be my first and coko's first time at that type of concert. We had to wait forever outside, but it was sooooo worth it! When we got in we ran all the way to the FRONT ROW!!! THATS RIGHT WE WERE FRONT ROW JOES!!! It was awesome! Blue October put on the best show I have ever been to. They sounded sooo good live, I think they sounded better live than on their cd! The show lasted THREE HOURS, they sang the entire three hours! It was just awesome. They were there with a new band called Long Wave, they were actually impressive. Switchfoot was they opening act, and I have to say I wasn't familiar with them before the show, but WOW they were amazing too! It was just so much fun! It was nice to get out and have some fun, especially with just my little brother, he really is my favorite. Did I mention that it was EXTREMELY hot inside SaltAir? Oh it was sweltering!
1 comment:
THAT is your brother!!?? Oh my gosh how time flies. Remember when we used to carpool to tumbling in Ogden? Haha. He was a lot smaller then.
Post a Comment